Vote That Jawn Jr. Logo Art Exhibition Featuring 400 K-12 Students Designs!
VOTE THAT JAWN POP-UP DESIGN LAB + ART CONTEST INFO
K-12 students can't vote, but Fresh Artists believes students can use their artistic talents to inspire and motivate their families and neighbors to vote by designing a Vote That Jawn Jr. Logo!
#VoteThatJawn is a national nonpartisan, youth-driven organization that Amplifies the Youth Vote and Youth Voice through Art and Writing.
Fresh Artists, in partnership with #VoteThatJawn, created this art contest to introduce the concept that even really young kiddos and teens can be empowered to make a BIG impact in voter turnout for this election. Let’s get the next generation involved early, harness that energy, and give them purpose!
The 5 winning contestant's logos will be turned into decals, window clings, and merchandise that will be available on the #VoteThatJawn online store. Any proceeds from the merchandise will be used to amplify the youth vote.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7th 11:59pm EDT
- The word, "Vote" must predominate
and be easy to read. Letters can be all upper case, all lowercase, or mixed. Here are some phrases you might use:
- Vote That Jawn
- Family Votes That Jawn
- Takin' My Folks to Vote That Jawn
- Must be designed by a K-12 student
- Must be 100% Nonpartisan. Any partisan, pro-Democrat or pro-Republican entries will NOT be accepted.
- 2 Design sizes: either square 7” x 7” or rectangle 5” x 7” (horizontal or vertical)
- Design directives: Colorful, hip, positive, fun, inspirational, 100% original
- All entries MUST be submitted by an Art Teacher or a Parent.
DOWNLOAD OUR ART + CITIZENSHIP LESSON PLAN!
Use Fresh Artists' #VoteThatJawn Design art project to talk to your students about citizenship!
Have your students get design tips from real designers! Watch our 3 short videos featuring 2 Graphic Designers and 1 Brand Strategist discuss things like, how to brainstorm ideas, widely known logos explained, and getting a glance inside their sketchbooks and thought processes. Link to videos included in the lesson plan download.
PRIZES? YOU BET!
5 Frist Place Winners Will Receive:
An age-appropriate Fresh Artists' Home Art Studio collections of art supplies. (Set of Sakura Cray-Pas and Micron drawing pens, sketchbooks, colored markers, watercolors, paper & more!)
- 100 decals featuring their design.
- T-shirt with their design.
FIVE Art teachers of the 1st Prize winners will receive a Limited Edition 90th Anniversary 90-color set of Cray-Pas for their own artmaking. We thank Sakura of America for providing these gorgeous gifts for our Art Teachers!
WINNING ENTRIES AGREE TO:
- License the use of the artwork to #VoteThatJawn and Fresh Artists for their mission of voter advocacy and making art with a purpose.
- Ship original artwork to Fresh Artists for scanning. Prepaid shipping labels will be provided. Artwork will be returned to the child after scanning.
- Students will retain copyright and keep original art.
HOW TO ENTER:
- All entries must be well-lit, in-focus JPEG photos taken on a smartphone, and submitted by an Art teacher or parent.
- Each digital photo must be named like this: SchoolName_TeacherName_StudentName.jpg
- Please ZIP submissions into a single file by Grade Range.
- Teachers when submitting your student's entries please upload students artwork together in groups using these Grade Range categories:
— K through 2 grades
— 3 through 5 grades
— 6 through 8 grades
— 9 and 10 grades
— 11 and 12 grades
- DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7TH, 11:59pm EDT
After submission, instruct your students to put their logos to work by taping them to their front window or their apartment door, facing the outside -- for everyone in their neighborhood to see and enjoy! It will send the positive message out into the world that everyone who can, must vote for the future generation!!!